Updates and Resources Regarding COVID-19 — Please check each section as new posts are added as they become available. Thank you.
(7.10.2020) Disaster Resource: Medication Management + Building a First Aid Kit from Single Care – Here is the new guide, Medication Disaster Plan,
(6.25.2020) COVID-19 Relief Funds for Churches — The United Church of Christ National Setting is offering financial assistance to local churches whose ministries have been challenged by the novel coronavirus pandemic. The national officers have collectively identified $2.6 million in COVID-19 relief, $1.5 million in loans that will be administered through the Cornerstone Fund and another $1.1 million in micro grants. Click here for full information and to apply.
(6.23.2020) In Depth COVID Considerations on regathering: CLICK HERE
(6.9.2020) – The Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act was signed into law on Friday. Attached please find a brief summary of the key changes, some of which may affect a church’s decision to apply for a PPP or how it uses the funds.
COVID-19 Resource Guide from UCC Insurance Board posted 6.2.2020
COVID-19 Liability FAQ Insurance Board posted 6.2.2020
Here is a link to the guidance the CDC tried to provide us. There are specific guidelines for faith communities in this. Click Here
Click Here for Individual & Community Preparedness Newsletter (FEMA) – In This Issue:Ready Tips, CERT & Communities, Children & Disasters, Important Dates
From the National UCC
You should be able to go there Monday through Friday to get updates.
From the PA Council of Churches
We have been maintaining a page with a variety of COVID-19 resources (https://www.pachurches.org/covid-19-coronavirus-resources/), updated nearly daily. Here are the most recent additions: (5.12.2020)
- Just In: 13 More Pennsylvania Counties to Move to Yellow Phase of Reopening on May 15
- Governor Wolf Announces Reopening of 24 Counties Beginning May 8
- Governor Wolf and Attorney General Shapiro Announce Protections from Foreclosures and Evictions Through July 10
- Wolf Administration Receives Approval to Launch Food Access Program for Students During COVID-19 Crisis
- Gov. Wolf Outlines Plans to Create Commonwealth Civilian Coronavirus Corps to Support Fall COVID-19 Recovery Efforts
- Farmers Market Season is Here, Markets Prepared to Safely Serve Pennsylvanians Amid COVID-19
- DCNR Announces Plan for Reopening Some State Park, Forest Facilities
- Baseline COVID-19 Testing Program—Free Testing in Select States (including PA)
Here are the latest postings we have concerning COVID-19 information: (posted 5/1/2020)
- A Plan for Pennsylvanians: Relief, Reopening, and Recovery
- Summary of Governor Wolf’s Actions to Protect Health and Safety in PA
- More under Find PA Department of Human Services COVID-19 Guidance
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link for Centers for Disease Control added to Federal COVID-19 Resources
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Receives USDA Waiver to Allow All Children to Qualify for Free Meals
Blessings and peace, Sandy
Rev. Sandra L. Strauss, Director of Advocacy & Ecumenical Outreach, PA Council of Churches
From Heather E. Kimmel, General Counsel, UCC
Liquidity, Necessity, and FAQ 31 uploaded on 5/1/2020
SBA’s recently released FAQ for religious organizations applying for loans under the CARES Act. Click Here to read
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration provides a 24-hour-a-day “Disaster Distress Hotline,” crisis counseling to support people experiencing distress during or following a disaster, including those impacted by the novel coronavirus spread. The hotline offers immediate, cost-free and confidential counseling at 800-985-5990. Those who need help can also text “TalkWithUs” to 66746 to connect with a trained counselor.